Schedule   |   Tickets   |   Live Webcasts  |  Training Camp  |

Hasselbeck: Addition of Wright will Help Titans Offense

Posted by Gary Glenn on April 30, 2012 – 5:15 pm

Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck isn’t all that familiar with his new teammate — wide receiver Kendall Wright out of Baylor. But he knows adding another explosive weapon can only help Tennessee’s offense in 2012.

“When you defend a team knowing they have multiple guys that can be inside, outside, in the slot — whether it be Kenny (Britt), Nate (Washington), Hawk (Lavelle Hawkins), Damian (Williams) or whoever, I think it just gives us more leeway,” Hasselbeck said shortly after his arrival on Monday to a Titans Caravan stop in White House, Tenn. “It should help the passing game and the running game. We’ll find out.”

Despite some draft analysts showing concern the Titans didn’t take a defensive player with the 20th overall pick, Hasselbeck said he’s learned over the years to never be surprised by what might happen on draft day.

“Just knowing how the draft really goes, you hear GMs and scouts say ‘we just take the best available on our boards,’ so I’m never surprised. Now if they would have drafted a quarterback, I probably would have been surprised,” he joked.

“I don’t know a whole lot about the kid we drafted in the first round, but from what I’ve heard he’s very explosive with the ball in his hands,” Hasselbeck said. “Obviously, Baylor had kind of a resurgence with the explosion they had on offense this year. What we do know is that we have guys that are explosive and can make plays and help your fantasy football team out.”

17 Responses to “Hasselbeck: Addition of Wright will Help Titans Offense”

1. By Frank on May 1, 2012 | Reply

With the arm of Hasselbeck and Locker and the hands onad speed on offence and no lockout I say “Look out, here come the Titans showing how to beat any team.”

2. By dravin on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Bring it on Pats final score first game Titans 41 Pats 38

3. By Nita on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Im soooooooo X Cited about this season !! We have a host of good players, just make sure our D-Line is straight and we in there.. Ready for the Pats.. We willl show em !!!! Go Titans !!!!!!!

4. By Chris on May 2, 2012 | Reply

@dravin – Nice prediction, but I honestly don’t think the patriots will let us get 41 but if they do then……..wow

5. By Jay PittsburgTX on May 3, 2012 | Reply

I grew up with kendall and played with him all the way through high school. So believe me when i say the Titans Drafted a MONSTER. Cant wait for the season

6. By Troy Tuttle on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I thank they have a playoff shot.If everyone stays healthy.But CJ and Ringer has to get the yards this year.They cannot be last in the NFL.That will keep the pressure off the QB.And the DEF is a big question mark.There is a lot of new faces.There is a lot of 2nd and 3rd stings from last year.And the rookies you dont know nothing about into they play some games.Sure they were good in college but the NFL is whole lot different.But I thank they do well.I guess will see after 10-12 games then you can judged about a playoff team.But they just missed the playoffs last year.Maybe we got the team this year.

7. By addicted2football on May 4, 2012 | Reply

@ Jay PittsburgTX – We can’t wait to unleash that monster on the NFL world bro!!! I’m think Wright has a good shot at being the most productive rookie WR of this draft class. Michael Floyd could have a shot since he’ll be playiong opposite Larry Fitzgerald, Wright will be playing opposite Kenny Britt, but I have a feeling that professionally speaking, Justin Blackmon will shrivel up and die in Jacksonville.

8. By EBTITAN on May 5, 2012 | Reply

YA YOU SAW REACTION GOING TO JAGS ,I THINK YOUR RIGHT . OUR RUNNING GAME WILL BE BACK THIS YEAR . FULL OFF SEASON, YEAR UNDER NEW COACH’S NOT TO MENTION A PISSED OFF CJ @ # 100 AND A NASTY O-LINE. I LIKE THE PICK THE MORE I SEE OF WRIGHT. HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO AFTER THE CATCH.PROGRESS!!! TITANTUDE DEFENSE

9. By john-s120rys7 on May 7, 2012 | Reply

GREAT draft again , Never think much of the TV talk shows opinon most of thier picks are based on TV ratings ! Locker, Cj2k and Britt/Wright should make the TITANS a scoring machine for many years ahead . Can’t leave out the whole Defence got a real good feeling !!!!

10. By Tyler on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Are they going to run Wright on the outside? He is pretty small 5-10 under 200lb… sounds like a slot receiver to me.

11. By john-s120rys7 on May 8, 2012 | Reply

matt hasselbeck ‘ outstanding qb . wish he could of been here sooner . it’s just time for Locker but matt could prove me wrong

12. By Rod d titan on May 20, 2012 | Reply

I’m predicting this team be going 8-8. It’s not the titans year yet but next year.. Go titans

13. By Bob Jonson on Jun 7, 2012 | Reply

Please email me with more detailed information on this.

14. By keitpickett on Jun 11, 2012 | Reply

I think we the TITANS will have the first PERFECT season since the Miami Dolphins did it Whenever 70 I think GOOOOOO Titans

15. By keitpickett on Jun 11, 2012 | Reply

Remember u Heard it Here First

16. By keitpickett on Jun 11, 2012 | Reply

I am from TN and now live in Pittsburgh, I have learned that to win the SUPERBOWL First u have to get in the playoffs Then HOPE for the Best and Hope Luck goes your way, I understand talent is involved but most of it at that level is Lady Luck

17. By corey M54 on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

titans will do great this year there is no doupt colts wont have a chance and the texans have alot to do since they lost williams