• Thu., May. 08, 2014 7:00PM - 11:59PM CDT NFL Draft (Day 1) The 2014 NFL Draft will take place in May, not April.
  • Fri., May. 09, 2014 5:30PM - 11:59PM CDT NFL Draft (Day 2) The 2014 NFL Draft will take place in May, not April.
  • Sat., May. 10, 2014 11:00AM - 11:59PM CDT NFL Draft (Day 3) The 2014 NFL Draft will take place in May, not April.

Titans Fans in for a Treat at LP Field

Posted by Gary Glenn on August 19, 2012 – 9:34 pm

When Titans fans enter the stadium Thursday night for Tennessee’s preseason home opener against the Arizona Cardinals, they will experience a new-look LP Field.

Earlier this off-season the team began nearly $27 million worth of improvements to the stadium, which originally opened in 1999.

New high-definition video screens that are four times the size of the previous screens have been erected in both the north and south end zones. They measure 157 feet wide and 54 feet high, making them the largest HD video screens in the world among those built in outdoor stadiums.

They are the NFL’s second-largest video boards, behind only the screens measuring 160 by 72 at Cowboys Stadium. Additionally, the stadium upgrades include new high-definition LED ribbon boards along the east and west sides of the stadium, a new 800-speaker distributed sound system, new high-speed elevators to the upper deck, a music stage in the north end zone, and fan-friendly hospitality areas.

The improvements are stunning, and Titans fans and NFL fans alike are in for a treat this season at LP Field.

15 Responses to “Titans Fans in for a Treat at LP Field”

1. By Jim on Aug 24, 2012 | Reply

These video screens add more to the game experience than anything the Titans organization have ever done for the fans. My only suggestion is to please, please put the scoring on these boards also in the lower corner. The lighting atop the stadium is so bright, I can not look up and see the game scoring on the strip screens in the middle of the stadium. Takiing the score from the end of the stadium was a big mistake that can easily be fixed by simply placing the score withing the big screen at the bottom. Everyone around me at the game did not like to look away from the big screen to get the score and other information that is shown on the strip video board. The band playing under the scoreboard is a very negative for the experience. Please do away with the band. The sound is way too loud. People like to talk and communicate at the games not listen to a rock band. Clubs are for that. Don’t turn the stadium into a night club, it’s a sporting event! Praises for the screens, but fix the score location and kill the band.

2. By Randy on Aug 24, 2012 | Reply

Jumbotrons looked great. Agree with prior comment – put the score and down/distance somewhere on the big screens. But watching replays in particular was fantastic.

The one downside is that the sound system is WAY too loud. I was hoarse after the game just trying to talk to friends. Pumping up the volume is fine every now in then, but there is no reason to blast music non-stop, even when there is a 10 second break in the action. In between plays, remember that silence is golden. And you have 800 speakers and we’re all close to one. Don’t need to blast us out of the seats the whole time. Everyone around us complained about how loud it was.

3. By clyde on Aug 25, 2012 | Reply

Jumbo-tron is GREAT & FANTASTIC, it makes watching the game so much more exciting. It is hard to see the offense or defense when they are at the opposite end of the field during live action, so you can see everything on the jumbo-tron. I do like the upgraded sound system but I don’t like some of they’re motivational skits (if theat is what you call them). Too much repeats. I like the live band and the faster search lines and I don’t use the elevators but I think that’s a nice upgrade for the upper deck fans…..What more can I say except that the experience was real nice……NOW THE BAD! PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE TRAFFIC……..Clyde

4. By Randy H on Aug 25, 2012 | Reply

I totally agree with most of the previous comments. The Titantron is absolutely incredible but the score, down & distance, etc being on the ribbon board instead of the large screen is a real negative. I can’t say the sound system was a negative. I was in the upper deck and didn’t notice the volume being a problem. Maybe I wasn’t as close as others. I think the band is a nice touch and will probably be better received once the regular season starts. I would definitely agree that the “pump up the crowd” stuff was not very good. I applaud the organization for scrapping the old worn out stuff they’ve been doing for years and trying new things but it still needs work. The “Defense, defense” one in particular I found really frustrating. I kept waiting for the rest of the Bob Seger song to start playing. It was like a repetitive tease instead of what it should have been.

5. By Sec 308 on Aug 25, 2012 | Reply

Love the new Titantron screen, but put the down marker on the Titron screen too. Also would like to see a clock (time of the day/nite) use to have it. The Logan’s find the nut game TOO Long. (just my thought).More replays of questionable calls on screen. Why are the elevators only on one end of the stadium???? Very Very disappointed in this. GO TITANS!!!

6. By Robbie Huddleston on Aug 27, 2012 | Reply

Agree with score on Titantron and would like a clock somewhere. Most of all sound was TOO LOUD! Make the game not even enjoyable!

7. By Chris on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Agree with comments, we need down and distance on the screen.

8. By Nancy on Aug 30, 2012 | Reply

The jumbotron was GREAT! Graphics were awesome but the cheers and chants are terrible! It was almost as if they made them “softer” – not very macho! Also the music on the screen is a bit outdated! Like the live music and looking forward to some guests – also maybe a little more current! Don’t mean to sound negative – I really appreciate all the upgrades. Just want to make them better!

9. By Tena Coons on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

The sound system was much better tonight. i had even brought ear plugs but never wore them. May be get rid of Folsom Prision there are other Great songs by Johnny Cash and use the RING OF FIRE both on the Ribbon and the TRON we are the Titians and we surround our foe by the ring of fire when we score.!! Live music represent Nashville and that is a great addition. Like the trial of score and downs on the Tron. You are doing good – few more tweeks and we are good to go. GO TITANS THIS IS OUR HOUSE !!!

10. By Susan on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

I think the improvements in the stadium are fantastic. I agree the first game the volume was way too loud. Last night it was way too soft. Somewhere in between to get the crowd going, but not drown out everything else. If you can reach that happy medium the game experience will be off the charts! For what it is worth, I like the band…

11. By steve on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

I sit in the south end zone seats. I believe the improvements are wonderful. But the volume needs to be fixed. The first game the volume was so so. The second game we couldnt hear it. You thing I love was the volume a little higher to get pumped up!!! Oh yeah by the way, the 4th quarter thing with Johnny Cash needs to go. That is so stupid, lets get something to pump us up!

12. By dclinard on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

I sit in the south end zone. The volume on the new Jumbo Trons are not loud enough. We can barely hear it. Last year the volume was great, now with the new ones we cannot hear – please turn it up in the end zones.

The new video that says “titans” “titans” “ttans” with the flames, etc is horrible. Change it.

And what happened to the “Pain Train” – that always used to get everyone pumped up. We need something to get the crowd going. The new videos are not very interesting.

13. By dclinard on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

I love the addition of the live band. It is like getting to hear a mini concert prior to the game. I totally disagree with the previous comment where someone was saying “kill” the band. Music has always been played at the stadium. If you don’t like the noise – bring ear plugs. Football games are supposed to be loud.

14. By James on Sep 1, 2012 | Reply

The nw boards are awesome, but it pretty much stops there. The most important thing we need to fix is the scoreboards! They need to back on the jumbotrons! We NEED the paintrain back in the 4th quarter, and all of the chants are extremely childish and extremely boring, you can even cheer because they’re so loud. So these are the main complaints, But we also need to get some actual games back on the jumbotron, not some dumb pinball game.

15. By Mark on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

BRING BACK THE PAIN TRAIN!!!!!!

Lets start a petition!