Schedule   |   Tickets   |   Live Webcasts

Hasselbeck Willing to Renegotiate Contract

Posted by Gary Glenn on February 6, 2013 – 5:31 pm

IMG_0273Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was on hand at today’s Titans Community QB Award luncheon, congratulating winners during the team’s annual charity event at LP Field.

Afterwards, he spoke with reporters on a number of topics, including the possibility of renegotiating his contract. Hasselbeck is set to enter the final year of a three-year contract he signed with the Titans in 2011.

“Yeah, I would definitely be up for that for sure,” Hasselbeck said. “That topic came up at some point. Again, I’m not in those conversations but I’m aware of them. That topic came up maybe September, October, November, somewhere in there. I would be excited about the opportunity because it would be basically having the opportunity to stay, but again there’s so much that goes into those things.”

Hasselbeck was asked more specifically if he would take a salary cut.

“Well, they’re not going to ask you to go up. But, if they do, I’m fine with that also,” he said. “That works for me, too, however they want to do that.”

Here’s the complete video of Hasselbeck’s media session:

6 Responses to “Hasselbeck Willing to Renegotiate Contract”

1. By Brooks on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Good for Hasselbeck, we need him around

2. By Val Chaban on Feb 8, 2013 | Reply

Its always nice when someone like Hasselbeck sees the bigger picture…class act!

3. By Titanman45 on Feb 8, 2013 | Reply

I believe we need a new back up who can play atleast 12 games this season. Im still not sold on Locker. Hesselback is OK but he dont last long.I give Hesselback 3 to 4 games and he’s done. Lets go get Kyle Orton….

4. By StragegyKing on Feb 14, 2013 | Reply

@Titanman45: you’re funny. kyle orton is not a leader. matt is more valuable than gold with his knowledge of the game, humility and integrity. keep him. jake has been decided on, so move on. now it’s about building an offense around him and CJ.

go get chad owens from Toronto and get him into the NFL.

5. By A1TITANSFAN on Feb 16, 2013 | Reply

TRADE BAIT, NO OFFENSE, MATT.

6. By fredrick boothman on Feb 16, 2013 | Reply

bull if they draft warmack 1 and warfold 2 they will have all kinds of offense because they will have a top 5 offensive line wow look they can run and throw all over the place what a change a couple ogs can make titansfan go titans. free agency should focus on defensive players like dt de ss cb