Schedule   |   Tickets   |   Live Webcasts  |  Training Camp  |
  • Mon., Jul. 28, 2014 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM CDT Live Titans Live: Training Camp Titans Online is committing more resources to training camp than ever before.

The site will go live from training camp for the first 30 minutes of every “public” practice from Saint Thomas Sports Park, giving viewers an up-close look at the action on the field with insight from the “Voice of the Titans” Mike Keith, general manager Ruston Webster and former Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck.

Additional guests will provide color during the course of camp.

Time - 9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
  • Mon., Jul. 28, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM CDT Live Ken Whisenhunt Press Conference WATCH LIVE as Tennessee Titans head coach Ken Whisenhunt addresses reporters following the Titans' Training Camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.

Time: approx 11:30 am CT
  • Tue., Jul. 29, 2014 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Live Ken Whisenhunt Press Conference WATCH LIVE as Tennessee Titans head coach Ken Whisenhunt addresses reporters following the Titans' Training Camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.

Time: approx 5:00 pm CT
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM CDT Live Ken Whisenhunt Press Conference WATCH LIVE as Tennessee Titans head coach Ken Whisenhunt addresses reporters following the Titans' Training Camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.

Time: approx 11:30 am CT
  • Fri., Aug. 01, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM CDT Live Titans Live: Training Camp Titans Online is committing more resources to training camp than ever before.

Additional guests will provide color during the course of camp.

Time - 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
  • Sun., Aug. 03, 2014 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Live Titans Live: Training Camp Titans Online is committing more resources to training camp than ever before.

Additional guests will provide color during the course of camp.

Time - 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
  • Wed., Aug. 06, 2014 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM CDT Live Titans Live: Training Camp Titans Online is committing more resources to training camp than ever before.

Additional guests will provide color during the course of camp.

Time - 9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
  • Sat., Aug. 09, 2014 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM CDT Live Titans vs Packers Buy Tickets | Watch Online
  • Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM CDT Live Titans Live: Training Camp Titans Online is committing more resources to training camp than ever before.

Additional guests will provide color during the course of camp.

Time - 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
  • Tue., Aug. 12, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM CDT Live Titans Live: Training Camp Titans Online is committing more resources to training camp than ever before.

Additional guests will provide color during the course of camp.

Time - 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
  • Fri., Aug. 15, 2014 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM CDT Live Titans at Saints Buy Tickets | Watch Online
  • Sat., Aug. 23, 2014 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT Live Titans at Falcons Buy Tickets | Watch Online
  • Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM CDT Live Titans vs Vikings Buy Tickets | Watch Online
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Live Titans at Chiefs Buy Tickets | Watch Online

Rushing Goals Remain High for Chris Johnson

Posted by Gary Glenn on February 27, 2013 – 10:21 pm

Chris JohnsonChris Johnson understands that expectations are high for him after rushing for 2,006 yards in his second NFL season in 2009.

“When you rush for 2,000 yards everybody expects you to do that every year, but they have to understand you’re not going to rush for 2,000 yards every single year,” Johnson told NFL Network’s Andrew Siciliano while on the set of “NFL Total Access” Wednesday. “When you rush for 2,000 yards, that’s the expectation that everyone has for you.”

That being said, Johnson believes he will run for 2,000 yards again.

“When Barry Sanders rushed for 2K I think it was like year six or year seven, so I feel like I have a lot of time to do it,” he said.

When asked if he can break Eric Dickerson’s NFL rushing mark of 2,105 yards, Johnson didn’t flinch.

“I believe I can do it,” he said.

When asked if he can do it this year, Johnson said, “I think I can…every running back’s goal is to break that record. It’s a situation where you’re working hard and you want to break the 2,105.”

Johnson hit on several other topics, including his record time of 4.24 in the 40-yard dash at the 2008 scouting combine.

“Actually when I came up I stumbled a little bit,” he recalled. “I don’t think I had the best start, but once I came out I kept my head down for a little bit and then I just ran.”

And if he hadn’t stumbled?

“I think I could have gotten a 4.19, 4.18…something like that.”

On a related topic, Johnson jokingly offered to help NFL Network host Rich Eisen improve his annual 40 time. Eisen has capped each of the last nine combines by running the 40 in his suit. On Tuesday, Eisen posted a 6.03 for the second straight year.

“First of all, he has to take off the suit,” Johnson said. “I’ve been watching him every year that he’s been doing it and he’s gotten a lot better. His start got a lot better and he stands out more. I just don’t think he has it in him. He can come work with me and I’ll get him better.”

When asked who would win a race with Johnson wearing a suit and Eisen wearing shorts, Johnson smiled and said, “I would beat him very badly. I still could probably run a 4.3 in a suit.”

Tags: ,

3 Responses to “Rushing Goals Remain High for Chris Johnson”

1. By EBTITAN on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

OH YEA!

2. By Canvas modern Art on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Fantastic website. A lot of helpful info here. I’m sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks to your effort!

3. By Fredericka on Jul 11, 2014 | Reply

I feel this is among the such a lot important info for
    me. And i’m glad reading your article. However want to observation on few normal issues, The web site style is ideal,
    the articles is in point of fact nice : D. Good task, cheers

my blog post; Jhanvi Kapoor (Fredericka)