• Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 11:40 AM - 11:59 AM CST Live #TitansLive: Pregame WATCH LIVE as TitansOnline's Amie Wells and Joe Fann offer pregame analysis and last-minute line-up changes prior to the Titans-Texans game.
  • Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CST Titans at Texans Buy Tickets | Watch Online
  • Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CST Live TitansLive: Postgame
    WATCH LIVE immediately following the game as TitansOnline's Amie Wells, Joe Fann and former Titan WR Derrick Mason offer postgame analysis and interviews, including Ken Whisenhunt / selected players' post-game press conferences
  • Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST Live Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards WATCH LIVE as The Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards are presented to the top 10 backs and linemen in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association on Monday, December 1, 2014, at the Embassy Suites Hotel & Conference Center in Murfreesboro, TN.

"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith will emcee the awards presentation.
  • Sun., Dec. 07, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CST Live Titans vs Giants Buy Tickets | Watch Online
  • Sun., Dec. 14, 2014 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM CST Titans vs Jets Buy Tickets | Watch Online

Mock Drafts Show Different Options for Titans

Posted by Gary Glenn on April 10, 2013 – 2:01 pm

PrintWith the NFL Draft just around the corner, we have accumulated the latest mock drafts from a variety of analysts. So here they are, and feel free to chime in with your opinion.

Don Banks, SI.com – G Chance Warmack, Alabama

Scott Pioli, NFL Network – S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout – LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia

Matt Smith, NFL.com – G Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

Mike Tannenbaum, NFL Network – DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

Clay Travis, Nashville’s 104.5 the Zone – DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “Mock Drafts Show Different Options for Titans”

1. By Draconiancowboy on Apr 10, 2013 | Reply

Personally, I would like to trade the first round pick this year for a first round next year for an extra shot at Clowney… but that is just me.

2. By fredrick boothman on Apr 10, 2013 | Reply

cooper cooper cooper cooper warmack warmack warmack cooper be there safest pick in first and c.j gets his rushing record locker looks real good they make playoffs again go titans

3. By addicted2football on Apr 11, 2013 | Reply

I don’t want Warmack, he’s only played LG and that’s what we hired Levitre for. Cooper would be ok, but if we take him I hope we move him to C and let Velasco and Turner fight it out for RG. Another option just as good would be to take Warford in the 2nd (37 consecutive starts at RG) and let Velasco and Turner fight for C. The next 2 weeks won’t go by fast enough for me.

4. By tntitanjohn on Apr 11, 2013 | Reply

talk to levitre talk, talk to warmack ,talk to cooper, brain trust o-line coaches scout’s head coach drink a beer toss a coin don’t think either choice can go wrong but cooper does seem to have the edge ???? COOPER !! or drop a few spots and take whose there ,,

5. By troy tuttle on Apr 12, 2013 | Reply

I think we need a pass rusher a good DE . Maybe a OL 2nd pick.We dont really have a good pass rusher it dont matter who we have in the secondary if we dont have someone putting pressure on the QB.I like what we did in free agency but the real help is in DE or DT.

6. By addicted2football on Apr 12, 2013 | Reply

With all the work we did in FA, I think we need to split our draft between O and D. We could go G/C Cooper in the 1st and then DE Okafor in the 2nd, or we could take CB Rhodes in the 1st and RG Warmack in the 2nd. Either scenario would be fine with me. We could potentially shore up the O line by taking Barrett Jones in the 3rd as well and go D with our first 2 picks, or maybe look at a WR.

7. By Draconiancowboy on Apr 12, 2013 | Reply

Good thought, but Warmack will not be available when our second round pick comes up. If we pass on O-Line in the first round, we will probably have Warford in the second. Honestly, it is a toss-up for me at this point. I would be fine with whomever we pick… I actually wouldn’t mind seeing another receiver that would challenge Britt for our #1 slot. In my opinion, if Britt rolls over this year, he is gone like a cat in a hurricane. That said, if we don’t make any moves in FA next year, we will be looking at a core of Wright at #1, Washington at #2 (assuming he is here), and Williams at #3… That doesn’t make me feel comfortable. They would probably use their first pick next year in this situation on WR, but do we want to rely on a rookie receiver to pull that much weight in our core??

8. By addicted2football on Apr 12, 2013 | Reply

Thanks cowboy, that was a misprint, I meant to say Rhodes in the 1st and Warford in the 2nd. And I think you’re right in assuming Washington won’t be around, in fact, I doubt he’ll be with us in 2013. Da’Rick Rogers in the 3rd is who we need to replace Britt if we don’t go WR at #10.

9. By andy on Apr 13, 2013 | Reply

Since the Titans sucked so bad defensively last year I’d be going DE or DT! I’d stay on the D-line for a couple of rounds unless some good-great O-Line prospect fell into their lap in second round. The Titans have made enough off season moves on offense. Some of the curious ones were(letting Jared Cook walk)and signing Delanie Walker and cutting loose Matt Hasselbeck…and signing Rusty Fitzpatrick? Tennessee needs to go defense for most of their 10 picks I’m thinking with a few offensive picks(OG,OT and TE)

10. By EBTITAN on Apr 14, 2013 | Reply

If we stay @ 10 & Warmack is there I think that’s the pick.Cooper is a great prospect too.I wouldn’t be shocked if there is something brewing! Can’t wait til draft night to see.Andy good point about are D,but with so many 3 & outs on offense how could those guy’s hold up.Me personally would want STAR L. if there.BEEF on either side is ok.BIGGER

11. By Draconiancowboy on Apr 15, 2013 | Reply

@Andy: I can definately see the thought behind Cook vs Walker, but look at their stats. Cook: 44 reception for 523 yards.. Walker: 21 receptions for 344 yards… Neither was an offensive powerhouse, however, take these into consideration. 1) Delanie is one of the best blocking tight ends in the league… 2) Delanie came at a price tag nearly $3M cheaper than Cook… 3) As a backup behind Davis, he still put uf respectable numbers.

Now I’m not saying he is the cure-all, but given our offensive scheme, he will be as productive in the passing game (maybe more productive if he can eliminate some of the drops) and will be exponentially more effective in the running game compared to Cook who couldn’t block a girlscout from his front door.

12. By Matt McElyea on Apr 17, 2013 | Reply

The Titans need help on defense line or linebackers. The Titans need to draft Teo or get a stud linebacker like Jarvis Jones or Alec Ogletree,

13. By Phil Cos on Apr 23, 2013 | Reply

Why did they not play Klug much last year? He was the leading QB sacker the year before. That made no sense to me?Get some quality OL players and build on it.

14. By Rudy on Apr 23, 2013 | Reply

I think they should go defensive play maker here, whether it be defensive tackle or defensive end. Offensive line looks good with free agent signings and the resigning of velasco who can play multiple positions. Remember how well the secondary played when hayneswoth was here. If you can get to the quarterback with a sack or a hurry, he is going to make mistakes down field and your corners and safeties will flourish with interceptions. Tennessee has not had that in a few years, so I think that should be addressed with # 10 pick… I think if star lotulelei or sharif Floyd of even a good defensive end like Byu’s Ezekial Ansah is available, take him. But we will see…..either way …. go titans!!!!!!!!!