Schedule   |   Tickets   |   Live Webcasts  |  Training Camp  |

Mike Mayock: Titans Took “Best Available Player” in Taylor Lewan

Posted by Gary Glenn on May 9, 2014 – 12:09 pm

Taylor LewanAnalysis from NFL Network’s Mike Mayock on the Titans’ selection of OT Taylor Lewan with the 11th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft:

“They signed Michael Oher in free agency to play right tackle. Michael Roos, their starting left tackle, will turn 32 years old this season. I guess they trusted their board here. Lewan was the best available and the Titans took the best available player. He was the best athlete among offensive tackles testing at the NFL Scouting Combine. He has to get a little better in power. He has a nasty streak and occasionally you can see the power. Lewan is an immediate starter and will help the Tennessee Titans.”

11 Responses to “Mike Mayock: Titans Took “Best Available Player” in Taylor Lewan”

1. By addicted2football on May 12, 2014 | Reply

A smart pick for us considering Roos will likely be gone after this season. I can’t wait to se our guys in action, wish it was August now.

2. By steven aguilard on May 13, 2014 | Reply

Now let”s hope we can get a good RB in there since greene is injured.

3. By kenny on May 13, 2014 | Reply

I agree he will be a good player, but I don’t see how he can be an immediate starter with Roos and Oher on the line. I like BPA in drafts, but team need should play a role in the decision. I just wonder if we wouldn’t have been better suited to trade back and take a pass rusher like Shazier. I really hope it works out. I have high hopes with the amazing coach staff we have!!

4. By EBTITAN on May 13, 2014 | Reply

RB BISHOP SANKEY 2ND RD

5. By addicted2football on May 14, 2014 | Reply

steven aguilard – Sankey has already been projected to be the #1 rookie in fantasy points this year and with Greene having knee surgery, if Antonio Andrews can play special teams for us, don’t be surprised if Greene gets cut. Some considered Sankey to be the best RB in this years draft class, and although Andrews went undrafted, he still led the nation in all purpose yardage in 2012 and 2013. I can’t wait to see these guys in action, wish it was August now!!!!

6. By addicted2football on May 14, 2014 | Reply

kenney – With the selection of Lewan at #11, I’ve heard rumors that Roos may be traded for a 2015 draft pick.

7. By steven aguilard on May 14, 2014 | Reply

Lewan is gonna take the left tackle position from roos and I don’t mind.Im like you addicted can’t wait til august so we can see what we have

8. By addicted2football on May 15, 2014 | Reply

Now that the draft is over and our first pre-season game isn’t until August 9th, I guess we can pass the time by making mock rosters. I know we’ll add more players from the waiver wire, but it will still be fun. I’ll start working on mine tonight and post it here for opinions as soon as I’m done.

9. By addicted2football on May 17, 2014 | Reply

Ok, here’s my first stab at a roster: QB x 3 – Locker, Whitehurst, Mettenberger. RB x 3 – Sankey, Andrews, Greene. FB x 1 – Johnson. WR x 5 – Wright, Washington, Hunter, Preston, Robiskie. OT x 4 – Lewan, Oher, Stingley, Roos. (Roos could possibly be traded). OG x 2 – Levitre, Warmack. CG x 3 – Schwenke, Olsen, Horn. TE x 3 – Walker, Stevens, Thompson. DL x 7 – Casey, Hill, Johnson, Jones, Woods, Pitoatua, Klug. OLB x 5 – Wimbley, Morgan, Ayers, Brown, Phillips. ILB x 3 – Woodyard, Gooden, Williamson. S x 4 – Griffin, Pollard, Smith, Stafford. CB x 5 – McCourty, Sensabaugh, Wrey-Wilson, Wooten, Huff. KP x 2 – Kern, Bonani. Specialist x 3 – McCluster RB/WR/Returns, Mariani WR/Returns, Brinkley TE/LS No telling what the final roster will look like, but this is how I’d go with what we have now.

10. By steven aguilard on May 18, 2014 | Reply

Sounds good addicted

11. By more instagram followers free on Jul 3, 2014 | Reply

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or
    did you download it from somewhere? A theme like
    yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog
    shine. Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers

My webpage :: more instagram followers free